One of the simplest things you can do to support your weight release efforts is to declutter your life. Here’s why:
Everything is energy: our bodies, thoughts, emotions, beliefs and even the physical objects around us. We are attached to our living space, and to our personal belongings, by invisible threads of energy. Everything is connected.
Our homes are like mirrors reflecting back to us the beliefs we hold of ourselves. When you look at your rooms, your closets, your cupboards, your car, your purse, your work space, etc., do you see order or chaos? Do you see cleanliness or cobwebs? Do you feel stressed or calm? Do you feel uplifted or depleted?
Do you feel light or heavy?
By releasing objects in your outside world that no longer serve you, you energetically release what no longer serves you on the inside as well. This actually can help you to remove internal blocks that prevent you from releasing weight.
For example, by letting go of unflattering, outdated clothes from an earlier time in your life, you begin to let go of outdated, unflattering beliefs about yourself as well. You essentially release the energy held in those pieces of clothing. Because we are connected to our objects by invisible strands of energy, what you release on the outside is released from the inside as well.
Change happens from the inside out as you shift your thoughts, beliefs and feelings. Change also happens from the outside in as you release the heaviness of unnecessary clutter from your life.
When you take care of your home by releasing excess clutter, you begin to feel emotionally lighter. This inner lightness helps inspire you to take better care of your body as well.
It’s all connected.
Here are some clutter clearing suggestions, specific to weight release, to help you honor your food, your body, and yourself.
- Keep counter tops and eating tables clutter free and clean.
- Honor your food by neatly organizing your pantry area and cabinets.
- Keep your refrigerator clean, organized and free from old food.
- Replace chipped tableware. This doesn’t have to be expensive or elaborate. The point is to honor your food and mealtime by serving yourself from eye-pleasing dishes.
- Respect your body by only wearing clothes you love and that flatter you. If you have clothes you’re hanging onto but don’t really like to wear, please do yourself and your body a favor and let them go.
- Keep in your closet only clothes that fit you well. If you don’t want to give away smaller sized clothes that you intend to again wear, then put them away to be retrieved when you’re ready. If keeping them visible in your closet inspires you to release weight, however, then by all means keep them there. If you feel defeated when you look at them, though, I’d suggest you keep them out of your closet.
- Respect yourself and your body by discarding old, tired clothing that is discolored, frayed or clearly worn out.
- Organize your clothes respectfully in your closets and drawers. Take time to put them away neatly and not leave them hanging on a chair, or worse, lying on the floor.
- Replace missing buttons and complete other necessary mending. Unfinished business is energy draining.
- Replace frayed, old towels with luscious new ones. Honor your glorious body by using towels that feel absolutely wonderful on your skin.
- Same goes for sheets. Think of all the time you spend sleeping. Honor your body by wrapping it in fresh, comfortable linens.
- Keep vanity tops clean and clear of clutter.
- Get rid of old make-up and toiletries.
- Do you really need five different shades of red nail polish? Same goes for lipstick.
Energy Draining Items
If there are objects that remind you of a difficult time in your life, or reflect the person you no longer are or want to be, release them. This may include photographs that evoke sad or shame-filled feelings, items with a specific negative memory attached, or writing journals filled with painful reflections.
When looking at such objects, notice if they uplift you or drain you. If you notice your energy level drop even slightly, it is time to let them go. Even if you don’t notice a shift, chances are these objects energetically keep you rooted in the past. Release them. Doing so allows you to live more fully in present time. You can then move forward in your life much more quickly.
There often is a connection between carrying excess physical weight on one’s body and carrying the burden of excess debt. Overeating and overspending sometimes reflect the same inner need to emotionally soothe oneself through external means.
If you can relate to this, begin to respectfully take charge of your finances by hiring a financial advisor to help you. As you do this, chances are you also will notice a parallel improvement in your overall self-care.
I could go on longer with suggestions as there are endless opportunities to live more lightly. I invite you to discover your own.
Remember this: As you create changes in your external world, your internal world will change. As your internal world changes, your external life will reflect the positive inner changes you are making.
Start now: What will you release today to lighten your mind, body and spirit?